Silver Springs is a beautifully treed, well established neighborhood located on the north embankment of the Bow River in northwest Calgary. The community offers stunning views of Canada Olympic Park and the Rocky mountains. This is a very active community with a large sports program. Parks and greenspaces are scattered throughout the neighbourhood and it is also home to one of Calgary's few remaining outdoor pools. Built between 1972 and 1980, this mature established community offers a variety of housing from duplexes and townhomes, to detached homes of all styles and sizes.
A popular site for recreation and outdoor enthusiasts is the Bowmont Natural Environment Park, which runs along Silver Springs' South end. Walking and bike trails abound in this natural reserve, which lead down to the Bow River pathway system. The Silver Springs Community Association hosts everything from martial arts and yoga, fitness and dance, arts and crafts, and a team sports such as baseball and soccer. There is also a public pool, 2 skating rinks, and a wide variety of social activities for everyone to enjoy.
- Silver Springs Public Schools: Calgary Board of Education (CBE)
- Silver Springs Separate Schools: Catholic Separate School Board Silver Springs
- French Immersion Schools: Calgary Board of Education (CBE)
Silver Springs is just a stone's throw from the Crowfoot Crossing shopping complex, anchored by Safeway, Co-op, Rona and theatres. There is a wide selection of restaurants, big box stores and retailers, plus a host of services including banking, dentists and medical clinics. There are 2 smaller plazas within Silver Springs offering video stores, convenience stores, a Shoppers Drug Mart and pubs. Access to other shoppings malls in the Northwest is a breeze via the LRT or Crowchild Trail, including Dalhouse Station, Northland Mall and Market Mall.
Silver Springs Real Estate in 2015:
- 92 single-family homes were sold
- Average price of a single-family home was $536,969
- Average days on the market for single-family homes was 36
- 16 condos were sold
- Average price of a condo was $333,594
- Average days on the market for a condo was 30
Current Real Estate in Silver Springs:
- 22 listings
- Average price is $526,641
- Highest price is $1,049,000
- Lowest price is $279,900
If you're looking for more information on living in Silver Springs, or the properties available there, you can find out more here.