West Hillhurst is a vibrant, dynamic community located just North of the Bow River and Downtown Calgary. Located next to trendy Kensington Village, it is the perfect choice for those who want to live where they can work, shop and play. The land that makes up the West Hillhurst community was originally owned by the Riley family, a prominent pioneer family. This eclectic community is comprised of a mixture of older homes built for soldiers returning from WWII, new infills, and condos & townhouses. Residents have easy access to SAIT, the Alberta College of Art and the University of Calgary as well as quick access to the river pathways.
With it's close proximity to the Bow River path system, West Hillhurst is the perfect choice for runners, cyclists and those who like to walk. World class recreation facilities are also available at the University of Calgary (Olympic Oval, climbing walls, gymnasiums, squash courts, etc.). Canada Olympic Park is a 5-minute drive to the West, offering downhill skiing, mountain biking, luge, bobsled and much more.
- West Hillhurst Public Schools: Calgary Board of Education (CBE)
- West Hillhurst Separate Schools: Catholic Separate School Board
- West Hillhurst French Immersion Schools: Calgary Board of Education (CBE)
West Hillhurst is truly a community that has it all. Located only minutes to both the trendy Kensington shopping district and North Hill Mall, residents have everything they need at their fingertips. Home Depot is also located nearby on the North side of 16th Avenue to provide materials for those home improvement projects.
West Hillhurst Real Estate in 2015
- There were 92 single-family homes sold
- Average single-family home price was $877,445
- Average days on market for single-family homes was 55
- There were 13 condos sold
- Average condo price was $480,531
- Average days on market for condos was 48
Current Real Estate in 2016
- Total Listings: 64
- Average Price: $960,239
- Highest Price: $1,999,900
- Lowest Price: $444,900
If you're looking for more information on living in West Hillhurst, or the properties available there, you can find out more here.