With the holiday season officially upon us here in Calgary, there are many opportunities to take in some festive cheer and celebrate all things Christmas. If you're looking for some family-friendly ways to get into the holiday spirit, here's where you can find festivities in northwest Calgary:
- Santa as BassPro: you can see Santa at BassPro in CrossIron Mills from now until December 24th, details here.
- Santa at Market Mall: Santa will also be at Market Mall now through December 24th, details here.
- Candy Cane Lane in Tuscany: take the family on a tour of holiday lights in the community of Tuscany, now through December 25th, details here.
- Lions Festival of Lights: this is the 31st annual installation of this massive lights display along 14th Street NW and in Confederation Park. The lights will be on nightly until January 8, 2018, details here.
- Nutcracker at Southern Jubilee: this Alberta Ballet performance is an annual holiday favourite for many. Shows in Calgary are December 15 to 17 and December 21 to 24. Details on pricing and show can be found here.
- Triwood Christmas Market: this annual holiday market features lots of local artists and vendors, located at 2244 Chicoutimi Drive NW, details here.
- Daybreak Christmas Market: this holiday market is in the heart of Edgemont at 333 Edgepark Blvd NW. It features over 75 local businesses and makers, details here.
- CrossIron Holiday Shopping Shuttle: take advantage of the CrossIron Mills holiday shopping shuttle that is running until December 26th, more details here.
There are so many more Christmas-themed events and festivities happening all over the city, so if you venture out of the northwest, check out this guide from Tourism Calgary!