Summer is a hot time to sell and buy homes! You've made the decision to sell, now what? Here's a simple checklist to ensure you're ready for what's next. Here's an easy checklist to get you ready:
- Price it Right: Your best chance to sell your property is within the first seven weeks. The longer the property stays on the market, the less the seller will net. Over-pricing can reduce the number of offers that you're likely to get.
- Clean and Organize: Eliminate clutter Keep your home clean Get rid of any looming odours It's also a good idea to rid your home of any sign of pets.
- Make the Home Accessible: Be sure to make your home easily accessible for showings Keep all interior doors unlocked, and don't be around during showings. If something is kept off-limits, people will wonder why.
- Paint & Flooring: Paint is the best investment you can make, for getting the greatest return on your money. Paint wherever you see chips, exposed wood or fading. It's a good idea to get damaged flooring repaired, and get carpets professionally cleaned.
- Curb Appeal: Your front yard is the first thing a potential buyer will see when they arrive at your property, so make a good first impression. Ensure your yard is clutter-free, landscaped and appealing from a distance.
If you need some advice about pricing and selling your home in the summer, please feel free to contact us so we can guide you towards the best strategy for the highest-priced sale.Posted by Kirby Cox on