We are proud to support the Calgary Food Bank every year, and during the holiday season, there is especially a need for help. If you're looking for a non-profit to support this time of year, consider them.
Some quick facts about the Calgary Food Bank:
- Every day, between 80 and 100 people volunteer at the Food Bank
- Last year, almost 4,400 individual and group volunteers supported the Food Bank: 112,300 hours of time to help feed hungry Calgarians
You can help in a variety of ways, such as:
- Drop off non-perishable food in Calgary Food Bank donation bins at any major grocery store in your neighborhood.
- Drop off fresh or non-perishable donations directly to the Calgary Food Bank warehouse at 5000 - 11 Street SE, Door #3 at the loading bay.
- You can donate online here
- You can call 403-253-2059 for more information about donations
- There is an increased need for volunteers now through December 24th for special events. You can call 403-253-2059 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org for information.