May is BBQ Month, and with promise, the weather will return to sunny, favourable conditions soon. Now is the perfect time to get your patio or deck ready for sun and grilling with family and friends!
Here's some quick tips for cleaning your patio:
For Wood Patios:
- Clean off debris from your deck
- Inspect for damages: loose boards, nails or rough spots
- Replace boards if necessary
- Replace or fix protruding nails
- Smooth/sand out any rough spots (may need to repaint or restain these spots)
- Use a deck cleaner (available at hardware stores, ask about the best type for your material)
- Wear protection when using the cleaner, and hose off patio with water after 20 minutes
For Concrete Patios:
- Check for weeds that tend to stick out between the concrete cracks
- Sweep the patio with a stiff broom, then scrub the surface with soap and water
- Remove oil-based stains
We shared this helpful article on Twitter this week as well, which provides step-by-step instructions on getting that barbecue of yours ready for summer grilling. And even more BBQ fun, here's six tips for creating the ultimate barbecue experience this summer.
Enjoy your patio and backyard this spring/summer, happy barbecuing!
It’s not the barbecues in my life that count, it’s the life in my barbecues. – Mae West