For many Calgarians, the holidays can be an especially stressful and hard time. For clients of the Calgary Food Bank, this is especially true. Your support is more important than ever, and Kirby Cox & Associates is proud to support Calgary Food Bank as well. Here's how you can help:
- Donate Food: Drop off non-perishable food in Calgary Food Bank donation bins at any major grocery store in your neighborhood. Drop off fresh or non-perishable donations directly to the Calgary Food Bank warehouse at 5000 - 11 Street SE, Door #3 at the loading bay.
- Donate Money: You can donate online here You can call 403-253-2059 for more information about donations
- Donate Time: There is an increased need for volunteers now through December 24th for special events. You can call 403-253-2059 or email: email@example.com for information.
- Host a food drive: you can facilitate your own collection of food donations as well, more information here.
The holiday season is also a time to think about others and for many, food and fundraising for the Food Bank has been a part of their annual holiday traditions. From asking dinner guests to bring a donation; school collections; to companies holding drives; everyone comes together to make an incredible difference for families and individuals. [Calgary Food Bank]
Quick facts about the Calgary Food Bank in 2016:
- 170,093 visits
- 188 requests to emergency food hamper every day
- 228 local agencies received food to distribute to their clients
“Food is the stuff of life. It nourishes our bodies and connects us to others. Good quality food should not be out of reach for anyone.” - James McAra, CEO of the Calgary Food Bank