Valley Ridge is a beautiful golf course community in Northwest Calgary real estate. It is located on the western edge of the city and in close proximity to the Rocky Mountains. There are ups and downs to living in a golf community which will be the main focus of this article. But first, let's start with:
A Short Geography, History and Demographics
Valley Ridge is located in the northwest part of Calgary and at the western edge of the city. Before turning into a golf community, the community's main attraction was “Happy Valley Campground” which features a golf course, ski hill, camping grounds and picnic area. Although most of it are gone now, the entire golf course has been revamped turning the Valley Ridge into a golf course community.
As of 2014, under the City of Calgary's census, it is estimated that there are 4,822 people living in Valley Ridge. Its median household income is $123,903 and about 3.8% of the population belongs to a low-income household.
As per Calgary Board of Education, there are three grade schools in Valley Ridge namely: Belvedere-Parkway School, Thomas B. Riley School and Bowness High School.
Pros and Cons of living in a Golf Community
The perks of living in a golf community have already been discussed here so we will not discuss it extensively. However, we will try to enumerate the reality of living in Valley Ridge.
1. Open Space - Golf courses need a long stretch of land. Houses here are spaced enough so that you may enjoy peace at its finest. People in Valley Ridge say that it feels like they are out of the city, but the truth is, they are just 10 – 15 minutes from downtown.
2. The Scenery – There is nothing better that waking up in the middle of lush green grass, trees, a river and the beautiful sky. Imagine drinking a cup of tea with such a view. How relaxing can that be?
3. Golf All The Way - For avid golfers out there, this is a great opportunity to practice and hone your golfing skills.
4. Meeting Like-minded People - Once you start living in Valley Ridge. You will meet a lot of like-minded people who love the idea of living in a relaxing and safe environment. Of course, most of them are interested in being active and fit. As a result, there will be a lot of friends and playmates available right at your doorstep.
1. Golf Balls – The only thing you need to worry about is golf balls in your backyard. This is not really a problem for some people in Valley Ridge, some say that they collect and resell the golf balls for profit.
If you are interested in living in Valley Ridge or are looking for a golf community. Please let us know!