Parkdale is a desirable inner city neighbourhood located just below the Foothills Hospital next to the Bow River in Calgary. Homes in the area consist of original war time bungalows and newly built infills and condos. Its close proximity to the Bow River pathway system make it a great choice for those who like to bike, run, walk and enjoy all that the river has to offer.
The community of Parkdale offers a variety of fitness classes, cooking classes, and sports. Because of its proximity to the Bow River, it also offers easy access to residents to the running paths where one can enjoy walking, roller blading and cycling. Canada Olympic Park is also a quick drive away and offers world class training for a multitude of sports including gymnastics, skiing, snowboarding, skating, mountain biking plus much more.
Parkdale is close to two major shopping centres in Northwest Calgary, Market Mall and North Hill Centre. It is also conveniently situated to the charming Kensington Shopping district and its collection of restaurants and boutique shops. A weekly farmers' market offers organic goods on Wednesdays throughout the year.
- Parkdale Public Schools: Calgary Board of Education (CBE)
- Parkdale Separate Schools: Catholic Separate School Board
- Parkdale French Immersion Schools: Calgary Board of Education (CBE)
Parkdale real estate in 2015
- There were 35 single family residential homes sold
- Average price of $873,813
- Average days on market (DOM) for homes was 51 days
- There were 7 condominium sales
- Average price of $517,414 for condos
- Average days on market (DOM) was 81
Current Parkdale real estate
- Total Listings: 13
- Average Price: $996,928
- Highest Price: $2,100,000
- Lowest Price: $419,900
If you're interested in buying or selling in Parkdale, please feel free to contact us.