It’s time to shine a little light on the sleepy rural community of Bearspaw, Alberta. This community is a part of Rocky View County and found just Northwest of Calgary and east of Cochrane. If you love a bit of peace and quiet while still having access to great amenities and excellent opportunities for education, then consider searching for Northwest Calgary homes for sale in Bearspaw.
Bearspaw Real Estate Stats
The price range of lots and homes in Bearspaw can range from $1 million to $9 million. Average price is around $1.7 million dollars. Lot sizes vary from each property, but 2 acres are a common sight.
Bearspaw is part of the Rocky View Schools Division, and thus, has a couple of excellent schools for all ages.
- Bearspaw School- Kindergarten to Grade 8
- Cochrane High School–Grade 9 to 12
If you’re a Christian, you may prefer Bearspaw Christian School, a private, non-denominational Christian school for Junior Kindergarten to Grade 12. While it’s not zoned within Rocky View Schools Division, it can be the ideal choice for those who want to cultivate their children’s life skills as well as their spirituality.
Members can access the Bearspaw Lifestyle Centre, which is long considered by the residents as one of the reasons why they’ve chosen Bearspaw as their home. It’s a hub for learning and entertainment, as well as a wide array of amenities and shops for the whole family. Here are some of the activities and events that Bearspaw Lifestyle Centre offers to members and non-members alike:
- Movie matinees
- Seasonal community events
- Programs, workshops, and events
- Lunch & Learn events
- Sports programming
The locals also have another favorite haunt, The Bear’s Den, which is situated near Highway 1A and offers a one of a kind dining experience.
For golfing enthusiasts, a variety of luxurious golf courses are found throughout the area. If that’s not enough, the City of Calgary also has other great golf courses to choose from.
Many communities and subdivisions are present in Bearspaw. Listed below are some of the most prominent ones:
- Blueridge Estates – A wonderful country estate community. Several 2 acre lots and homes can be found here.
- Bearspaw Village – Want an estate with a country view, but don’t want to be too far from the City of Calgary? Then Bearspaw Village should be your top choice.
- Church Ranch Estates – Great area with breathtaking views of lakes and rolling hills.
- Lynx Ridge – Near the Lynx Ridge Golf Course and features a stunning vista of the Rocky Mountains.
- Watermark at Bearspaw – A new addition to Bearspaw, Watermark at Bearspaw is the ideal location, especially for those who are looking to build a new home.