To maintain the integrity of the MLS® System, CREB® has decided to align community names, boundaries and districts with that of the City of Calgary. These community changes will come into effect January 5, 2016, and will turn the current 4 quadrants into 8 districts.
This change is happening because many community names no longer exist or aren't even officially recognized by the City of Calgary, causing a lot of confusion. This will make the data and resources more reliable for everyone who uses them.
Some of the key changes:
- “Estate” areas will be removed as they are not recognized by the City of Calgary
- New community names will be added (e.g. Royal Vista)
- Some communities are split or merged with others
- Existing names will be changed to match City naming (e.g. Saddleridge becomes Saddle Ridge);
- Commercial area names will be expanded to match City naming (e.g. Highfield becomes Highfield, Manchester Industrial, Alyth /Bonnybrook and Burns Industrial)
- Zones A, B, C and D will become eight districts: North, Northeast, East, Southeast, South, West, Northwest and City Centre
If you have any questions about these changes at all, please feel free to contact us.