Well, Fall is finally here again, which means getting your house ready for the colder temperatures that will eventually hit. Here's a checlist for your reference, for 7 things to do for your home this Fall:
• Caulk windows: sealing your windows will ensure no drafts come in and will keep energy costs down.
• Check the exterior for peeling paint: if you do see any chips, touch them up.
• Inspect your roof: check for loose/missing shingles; rougher weather can turn this from bad to worse so get them replaced.
• Clean out your gutters.
• Seal your driveway: check for cracks and seal any you find. With colder temperatures, cracks can get worse and this will help the longevity of your driveway.
• Check your fireplace: this is more important if you have a gas fireplace, but hire a contractor to ensure everything is working properly so you don't waste extra money on energy costs.
• Reverse your ceiling fan: a lot of people don't know about this, but changing the direction will create a draft that pulls warm air from the ceiling.