As we edge closer to Halloween 2017, this weekend will mark the start of many events and ghoulish-themed festivities. If you're looking for a way to take in this celebration, here's a list of some Halloween events happening in northwest Calgary.
- Halloween in Kensington: this Saturday, October 28th from 2pm to "late", head to Kensington as many businesses in the area will be participating in this celebration. Participating venues include Tenth Street Landing, Oak Tree Tavern, Vine Styles, Kensington Pub, Higher Ground, Hayden Block, Hexagon, Wine Bar, Brasserie and. Side Street Pub & Grill.
- Halloween at Bass Pro in CrossIron Mills: this store has a ton going on for Halloween this weekend and early next week. From Friday until Tuesday, you can get a free photo with the "Peanuts" gang. There are free crafts from Friday until Tuesday for the kids. There is a pumpkin toss on Saturday, Sunday and Tuesday. Plus, trick-or-treating and a costume parade both this Saturday and on Tuesday. For the full schedule and details, click here.
- Halloween at North Hill Centre: take the kids for trick-or-treating at North Hill Centre, happening on Tuesday, October 31st from 5 to 6pm.
- Halloween at Market Mall: on Tuesday, October 31st, trick-or-treaters are welcome at any retailers with a "trick or treat" sign in their window. In addition, you can visit Guest Services between 3 and 6pm for trick-or-treating that day as well.
- Rocky Ridge Haunted House: visit the infamous haunted house in Rocky Ridge, at 222 Rocky Ridge Bay NW. Visitor dates are October 27, 28 and 31 from 6pm to 10pm. However, "low scare" visits are from 2 to 4pm. More info here.
For more event listings for around the city, check out this great guide from Avenue Magazine.