Should you buy a brand new home that you can customize, or choose a resale one that's move-in ready? Both options present advantages, and there is no right answer, it's totally up to the buyer.
Not sure if you should buy a new build or a resale home? The decision isn’t always simple or obvious. That’s because it’s more than a dollars-and-cents debate, it’s a choice between lifestyles. Some people love the clean lines of a modern space while others fall in love with architectural embellishments of older homes. To help you decides answer these six simple questions. [Money Sense]
We've outlined a couple benefits of each:
- Personalized home: with new homes you can choose the colours, fixtures and upgrades such as lighting and flooring
- New homes are built up to current building codes and standards
- Lower maintenance costs: newer homes tend to have lower maintenance costs as all of the materials are brand new
- Builder warranties: the majority of home builders offer warranties for new homes
- Easy access: homes in established neighbourhoods are in close proximity to services, parks, schools, etc
- Home extras: resale homes can offer extras such as upgraded landscaping and finished basements
- Renovations/upgrades: a lot of resale homes have been upgraded or renovated with great features that increase home value
If you're interested in either new or resale homes in Calgary, Kirby Cox & Associates works with several reputable home builders in Calgary. We also have a great inventory of resale homes for sale in great communities. Whatever you're looking for, please feel free to contact us, or find us on Twitter.