Your home represents a big investment, and also the place you spend a lot of your time. So keeping your home in good repair is not just important for your peace of mind, but also safety and value of your home. There are three main things to keep in mind when caring for your home:
• Fire: faulty heating and electrical can be a fire hazard in your home
• Structural: damaged foundation or rotting floors, etc
• Indoor air quality: moisture trouble, or fuel-burning appliances which can cause carbon monoxide. Both issues can cause serious health problems, or even death.
• Occupational: loose railings, stairs, etc.
Preventing/Fixing Wear and Tear
• Leaky faucets, upgrades to floors and walls, etc.
• Broken fixtures, chipped paint, etc.
• Upgrades, renovations, add-ons, features, etc. - all of which improve your resale value