You've made the decision to sell, now what? Here's a simple checklist to ensure you're ready for what's next. Here's an easy checklist to get you ready:
Price it Right
- Your best chance to sell your property is within the first seven weeks. The longer the property stays on the market, the less the seller will net.
- Over-pricing can reduce the number of offers that you're likely to get.
Clean and Organize
- Eliminate clutter
- Keep your home clean
- Get rid of any looming odours
- It's also a good idea to rid your home of any sign of pets.
Make the Home Accessible
- Be sure to make your home easily accessible for showings
- Keep all interior doors unlocked, and don't be around during showings. If something is kept off-limits, people will wonder why.
Paint & Flooring
- Paint is the best investment you can make, for getting the greatest return on your money. Paint wherever you see chips, exposed wood or fading.
- It's a good idea to get damaged flooring repaired, and get carpets professionally cleaned.
- Your front yard is the first thing a potential buyer will see when they arrive at your property, so make a good first impression.
- Ensure your yard is clutter-free, landscaped and appealing from a distance.