The Calgary Food Bank is one of the amazing local organizations that our team is proud to support year after year. If you are looking for a way to give back this month, consider attending one of the events the Food Bank has going on this month:
- AMA shredding event: Sunday, May 27 at Al Azhar Shrine Centre (5151 101 Street NW) from 10am to 3pm. This is an event for AMA members to shred and safely dispose of personal documents. You are encouraged to make a monetary or non-perishable donation to the Calgary Food Bank for this event.
- Women's Conference: Saturday, May 26 at Kahanoff Centre (200, 105 12 Avenue SE) from 4 to 9pm. Women (18+) are invited to attend an evening of guest speakers and empowerment. Admission is free, but attendees are asked to bring a donation to the Calgary Food Bank, more details here.
As always, you can give back to the Food Bank in a variety of other ways, at any time:
- Donate Food: Drop off non-perishable food in Calgary Food Bank donation bins at any major grocery store in your neighbourhood. Drop off fresh or non-perishable donations directly to the Calgary Food Bank warehouse at 5000 - 11 Street SE, Door #3 at the loading bay.
- Donate Money: You can donate online here You can call 403-253-2059 for more information about donations
- Donate Time: There is an increased need for volunteers now through December 24th for special events. You can call 403-253-2059 or email: email@example.com for information.
- Host a food drive: you can facilitate your own collection of food donations as well, more information here.
You can engage with the Food Bank on social media with: