If you currently have your home listed, or are thinking of putting it up for sale soon, don't let the cold weather turn you off from hitting the market. With a few simple tips, your home can be warm and inviting for all the prospective buyers in the marketplace this winter.
- Take advantage of the holidays: curb appeal is an important part of peaking interest in your home before a buyer even steps inside, and this time of year offers extra opportunities to add to your exterior. Adding some Christmas decorations or a wreath on the door can add a cozy feel that will allow a prospective buyer to picture themselves living in your home. Not to mention, the red and green look stunning against that white blanket of snow!
- Make sure that fireplace is working: and consider turning it on. Nothing says comfort like a warm fire on a cold day, and any prospective buyer is sure to agree.
- Keep entryways clean: always keep the walkways, driveways and entryways clean and clear during open houses. For one, it's safety first. Secondly, it will actually add space and make a room feel a bit bigger.
- De-clutter and clean: this goes no matter what time of year it is. Don't rob yourself of square-footage—keep clutter at bay. You want rooms to be clean slates for buyers, so they can imagine living there. If there is too much stuff in a room, it will be hard for them to picture it in their own way, with their own style.
- Showcase the entertaining possibilities: this goes to the last two points, but since buyers want to imagine what it would be like to live in your home, then give them some inspiration! Stage spaces like your living room and dining room as you would when you are expecting company. This is another opportunity to take advantage of the holiday season and stage a Christmas tablescape, for example. An investment that is always worthwhile for home sellers, is hiring a home stager.
If you are looking to list your home, please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have. Happy holidays!