Okay we won't say these are top secret tips, but these are definitely some easy industry tricks that will make a huge difference when selling your home.
1. Keep the closets half-empty: every buyer is looking for storage, and the more storage the better. Making your rooms and closets look emptier and decluttered will give the illusion of more space and storage.
2. Hide your pets: not everyone is a lover of pets, so having evidence of your pets around (or having them there at all) can sway some buyers to look elsewhere. And in a lot of cases, buyers assume that with pets comes home and yard damage.
3. Remove the 'home' from your house: the buyer wants to be able to imagine themselves living in your house, so make it as much of a blank canvas as possible. This includes removing excess knick-knacks or even painting your home a neutral colour.
4. First impressions go far: curb appeal is important, so make sure your home looks just as decluttered and appealing from the outside as it does on the inside. The first thing they see when they drive up should be a selling point too!
5. Always be ready to show: this will help your REALTOR greatly if your home is always ready for a showing. Plus, the more showings, the faster the sale!