Calgary's real estate market has been sitting in buyer's conditions for the past 5 years or so. As we move into 2019, these conditions will more than likely continue for a bit longer. However, if you're trying to sell a home in the current conditions, here's some simple tricks that can help.
- First impressions are important: curb appeal is crucial, so make sure your home looks attractive and appealing from the outside. The first thing they see and the feeling they have when they drive up will set the mood for the showing!
- Keep the closets half-empty: every buyer is looking for storage, and the more storage the better. Making your rooms and closets look emptier and decluttered will give the illusion of more space and storage.
- Remove your pets: not everyone is a lover of pets, so having evidence of your pets around (or having them there at all) can sway some buyers to look elsewhere. They may look at pets as being hard on a house and yard.
- Remove the 'home' from your house: the buyer wants to be able to imagine themselves living in your house, so make it as much of a blank canvas as possible. This includes removing excess knick-knacks or even painting your home a neutral colour.
- Always be ready to show: when your house is listed, you always have to be ready. Showings can often come up on short notice so rather than racing around to accommodate, or worse turning down the showing, leave the home in showing ready condition. Remember, the more showings, the faster the sale!
If you're looking to take advantage of home staging as well, ask us about our recommended experts in this field! Do you have questions about home selling in Calgary? Get in touch with us!