During February, our city has one of the year's best festivals happening — YYC Hot Chocolate Fest! Cafes and restaurants all over Calgary create unique hot chocolate beverages, all vying for the coveted title of the city's best. But the best part is, all the proceeds go towards Meals on Wheels.
If you are looking for a delicious way to spend the Family Day long weekend, here is where you can take in YYC Hot Chocolate Fest in northwest Calgary:
- Euphoria Cafe 124, 5403 Crowchild Trail NW, the drink is 'Cirque du Chocolate'
- Famoso Neopolitan Pizzeria: 5149 Country Hills Boulevard NW, the drink is 'Nutella Mocha'
- Hexagon Boardgame Cafe: 1140 Kensington Road NW, the drink is 'Matcha Koro'
- Higher Ground Cafe: 1121 Kensington Road NW or 2502 Capitol Hill Crescent NW, the drink is 'Honey Lavender Hot Chocolate'
- Kaffeeklatsch: 1000 Veterans Place NW, the drink is 'Chocolat Chaud'
- Midtown Kitchen and Bar: 302 10th Street NW, the drink is 'Black Forest Summer Love'
- NOtaBLE: 4611 Bowness Road NW, the drink is 'White Chocolate Chai'
- Odyssey Coffeehouse: 1301 16th Avenue Northwest, the drink is 'Flirty Chai'
- Oolong Tea House: 110 A 10 Street NW, the drink is 'Oh Snap!'
- Regal Cat Cafe: 303 - 10th Street NW, the drink is 'S'Meows Hot Chocolate'
- Rosso Coffee Roasters: 2102 Centre Street NW, the drink is 'Orange Blossom Hot Cocoa'
- The Block Kitchen and Lounge: 2411 4th Street Northwest, the drink is 'Vanilla Crunch'
- The Light Cellar: 6326 Bowness Road NW, the drink is 'Black Gold'
- Vendome Cafe: 940 2 Ave NW, the drink is 'Dutch Hot Chocolate'
A complete list of all the drinks featured around the city can be found online here.