An 8-Week Guide to Preparing for a MovePosted by Kirby Cox on
Selling your home and planning a move? Thorough planning is the key to an easy move. Experience tells us most moves take 8 to 10 weeks from start to finish, so start early. Here's your 8-week guide:
8 WEEKS BEFORE THE MOVE
- Call for estimates from professional movers
- Draw a floorplan of your new home. Use decorating charts and a grid to place furniture to scale in each room and decide which furniture to move, and which to dispose of, replace or add.
6 WEEKS BEFORE THE MOVE
- Inventory all possessions. Decide what to move, sell, replace or donate to charity.
- Complete Canada Post change of address forms, mail to media, stores, organization.
- Obtain copies of all medical, dental, legal, accounting, and veterinarian records.
1221 Views, 0 Comments