Yesterday, Calgary's Best Neighbourhoods 2017 was released by Avenue Magazine. This is an annual survey that the local publication releases, giving Calgarians a chance to rank their community on a number of factors from community engagement, to walkability, to amenities and more. The much anticipated list gave a lot of love to the northwest quadrant.
Here's which northwest communities made the top 25:
- Varsity, 1: Homes in Varsity are highly sought after due to local schools, beautiful parks, and the Silver Springs Golf Course. Learn about Varsity here.
- Edgemont, 3: The elevation of Edgemont offers homes stunning city and mountain views. The area features pathways through beautiful ravines, tennis courts, skating rinks, and playgrounds. Learn about Edgemont here.
- Brentwood, 4: Brentwood is located at the base of one of the largest urban parks in North America, Nose Hill Park. Learn about Brentwood here.
- Huntington Hills, 6: It's well positioned at the base of Nose Hill Park offering excellent recreation opportunites to both residents and their dogs. Learn about Huntington Hills here.
- Arbour Lake, 8: Arbour Lake is Northwest Calgary's only lake community, featuring a trout stocked, 10 acre lake, mountain views, and a plethora of parks and walkways. Learn about Arbour Lake here.
- Crescent Heights, 10: With everything from detached bungalows, apartments, luxury homes and newer infills, Crescent Heights offers something for everyone. Learn about Crescent Heights here.
- Scenic Acres, 11: Residents of homes in Scenic Acres enjoy panoramic mountain & city views, a gorgeous collection of parks & green spaces, walking paths and a highly coveted skating arena, Crowchild Twin Arena. Learn about Scenic Acres here.
- Bowness, 12: Situated along the beautiful Bow River, Bowness homes have a great deal to offer residents and buyers. Learn about Bowness here.
- Silver Springs, 16: Silver Springs is a beautifully treed, well established neighborhood located on the north embankment of the Bow River in northwest Calgary. Learn about Silver Springs here.
- Dalhousie, 19: Dalhousie homes enjoy a proximal location to top-quality schools, shopping and the University of Calgary. Learn about Dalhousie here.
- Beddington, 22: Located in Northwest Calgary, Beddington Heights is one of Calgary's largest communities with over 12,500 homes. Learn about Beddington here.
Any northwest communities you think should be on this list? Or do you like these rankings?